Starting the last two weeks of May, you will see a sign up sheet for the Singles Ladder. If you are interested in participating, just sign up for it and you will be contacted with details at a later date. You can also text out Tennis Director/Manager, Petya at (416)846-0829 or e-mail her at [email protected]
The Singles Ladder runs from June until October. Late enteries into the ladder are welcomed but you may have to start at the bottom and work your way up the ladder.
The Singles Ladder allows you to find people that are a similar level to you so you can enjoy some friendly completion during your chosen date and time.
Singles Ladder Rules
1. Any player in one row can challenge any one player in the row above only. You can not skip a row.
2. If the challenger wins, he/she will switch positions with the player whom he/she has challenged. If the challenger loses, positions remain the same.
3. One pro set to 8 games is to be completed. Regular tie-breaker at 7-7. If both players prefer to play 2 out of 3 set, please feel free to do so.
4. You will be given 1.5 hours of playing time to complete your match. Please make sure that you use the red LADDER MATCH tags provided to book your court but also make sure that you hang both player tags names as well.
5. Players must complete a challenge before challenging another player.
6. Report all scores to the Tennis Director/ Manager, Petya Marinova and record your score on the “Challenge Log” sheets located in the binder at the club house.
7. All ladder changes will be made by Petya once the score is reported and logged.
8. A contact list is provided and it is up to the players to arrange their own challenge matches.
9. When challenged, time must be set for the match within a week or the challenger wins by default.